Long Term Systems
Designed for flexibility, the LI-8250 Multiplexer lets you tailor your long-term system to the gas species and analyzer of your choice. LI-COR offers the LI-7810 CH4/CO2/H2O Trace Gas Analyzer, the LI-7820 N2O/H2O Trace Gas Analyzer, and the LI-870 CO2/H2O Analyzer—but third-party analyzers can also be used.
Use any combination of up to 8 opaque, clear, or custom built chambers, and incorporate ancillary data into your fluxes from various sensors.
Embedded software makes the LI-8250 Multiplexer your single access point for your long-term soil gas flux research site. In the field, connect directly to the LI-8250 via the built-in Wi-Fi server and the browser of your mobile device or laptop. Or connect the LI-8250 to an added cellular modem to reach your site remotely and only visit when necessary.
Whether connected directly or remotely, you can view and manage your flux data, diagnostics, system configuration, and distribute daily summary files. If your long-term system is connected to a LI-COR gas analyzer, check the status of your analyzer and view on-site flux data live.
Quality and reliability
The scientific community has entrusted their soil gas flux research to LI-COR products for more than 20 years. The LI-8250 was designed to withstand the rigors of field research with weather, splash, and dust resistant components that allow it to be left in the field for entire seasons. A complete system made up of LI-COR products ensures seamless integration for an ideal soil gas flux research experience.
CH4/CO2/H2O Trace Gas Analyzer
The LI-7810 CH4/CO2/H2O Trace Gas Analyzer provides precise and stable methane measurements in a rugged and affordable water-resistant case. The LI-7810 combines patented technologies with Optical Feedback-Cavity Enhanced Absorption Spectroscopy (OF-CEAS) in one durable instrument for long-term field deployment.
- Provides real-time flux data when connected to the LI-8250 Multiplexer
- Needs minimal field infrastructure for long-term, unattended measurements
- Requires low power (22 W)
- CH4 Precision (1σ): 0.60 ppb at 2 ppm with 1 second averaging
The LI-7820 N2O/H2O Trace Gas Analyzer is a low power, laser-based analyzer for long-term measurements. With the same ease of use as other LI-COR trace gas analyzers, this highly precise N2O analyzer pairs easily with the LI-870 for added CO2 measurements or the LI-7810 for added CO2 and CH4 measurements.
- Works with the LI-8250 Multiplexer for on-site fluxes and SoilFluxPro™ Software for simple post-processing
- Requires low power and minimal field infrastructure for long-term deployments
- N2O Precision (1σ): 0.40 ppb at 330 ppb with 1 second averaging
LI-870 CO2/H2O Analyzer
Rapid and precise soil CO2 flux measurements. Designed for durability, a weatherproof case with weather, dust, and splash resistant components make the LI-870 suitable for long-term deployment in harsh conditions.
- Durable, weather resistant design features a user-serviceable optical bench
- Provides real-time CO2 flux data when connected to the LI-8250 Multiplexer
- Low power requirements and powered directly by the LI-8250
- Accuracy: Within 1.5% of reading
- Measurement range: 0 to 20,000 ppm
If you are looking for a laser-based solution for soil CO2 flux survey measurements, the LI-7815 CO2/H2O Trace Gas Analyzer is available. Ask us which solution is a good fit for your research.
Research based on your gas of interest. The LI-8250 Multiplexer integrates third-party analyzers to support fluxes of isotopologues and other gases. Third-party analyzer data is collected concurrently with chamber data and the two sets can be later merged with SoilFluxPro™ Software to calculate fluxes.*