SPAD 502 Plus Chlorophyll Mete
The SPAD 502 Plus Chlorophyll Meter instantly measures chlorophyll content or “greenness” of your plants to reduce the risk of yield-limiting deficiencies or costly overfertilizing. The SPAD 502 Plus quantifies subtle changes or trends in plant health long before they’re visible to the human eye. Non-invasive measurement; simply clamp the meter over leafy tissue, and receive an indexed chlorophyll content reading (-9.9 to 199.9) in less than 2 seconds. Assess nitrogen needs by comparing in-field SPAD readings to university guidelines or to adequately fertilized reference strips. Research shows a strong correlation between SPAD measurements and leaf N content.
- Instantly measures chlorophyll content or “greenness” of your plants on a scale of -9.9 to 199.9
- Non-invasive, non-destructive measurement
- Trend graph stores and displays up to 30 measurements
- Waterproof design
- Compare in-field SPAD readings to university guidelines
- Research shows a strong correlation between SPAD measurements and leaf N content
- Available with or without a built-in data logger
- Includes hard carrying case and batteries
Data-logging model (2900PDL)
- Connects to any GPS receiver that has a serial output option*
- Equipped with internal data logger and RS-232 port
- Records 4,096 measurements (1,488 with added GPS/DGPS option)
- Configure and download meter with FieldScout® software and USB-to-3.5mm-Stereo-Plug Adapther (Item 3661U.(included)**
- Compatible with SpecConnect
* GPS interface requires two cables. The GPS/DGPS cable (item 2950CV5) is available from Spectrum. A PC serial interface cable supplied by the manufacturer of the GPS receiver is also required.
** PC cable connects to a computer USB port.
For more information and study results, please see our Articles Section featuring Chlorophyll measurement and the SPAD.
Catalogue : PDF
Optical Density Difference at two wavelengths: 650 nm and 940 nm
Measurement Area: 2 mm x 3 mm (Approximately 3/32 in x 1/8 in)
Light Source: 2 LEDs
Receptor: Silicon Photodiode
Power Source: 2 AA alkaline batteries (1.5V)
Repeatability: Within ±0.3 SPAD unit
SPAD Value: Index of relative chlorophyll content; -9.9 to 199.9