• Fully automated analysis, enzyme-free, using one gram of flour.
• Results in less than 10 minutes.
• Reproducible and standardized measurement.
• Easy to compare versus enzyme-based methods : simultaneously displays various measurement
• The SDmatic adapts to your needs. The calibrations can be customized with the help of
CHOPIN Technologies Applications Laboratory.
The measurement principle is based on the amperometric method (Medcalf & Gilles).
The SDmatic measures iodine absorption in a diluted flour suspension.
How fast the iodine is absorbed by the starch depends on how damaged it is.
The main applications
• Fine tuning of the mill : checking the alignment and condition of cylinders.
• Increasing dough yield (by adjusting water absorption during mixing).
• Adjusting dough stickiness.
• Optimizing the volume, color and shelf life of finished products.
• The SDmatic is more accurate than other existing methods
Method Measurement range Precision
SDmatic 12 – 28 UCD +/- 3 %
AUDIDIER 10 -18 % +/- 7 %
AACC 4 – 9 % +/- 13 %
FARRAND 14 – 45 units +/- 18 %
There is an optimum starch damage content for every product.
Catalogue : PDF