Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
- Real-time flux processing with a LI-COR gas analyzer.
- Connect to the embedded Wi-Fi web server to view configuration, real-time data, and diagnostics.
- Portable and self-powered with long-lasting batteries.
- GPS integration.
- Use with a third-party gas analyzer or the Trace Gas Sampling Kit.
The Smart Chamber and all LI-COR chambers are specifically designed to minimize their impact on the natural soil activity with consideration toward:
- Maintaining ambient pressure.
- Achieving air mixing without a fan.
- Accounting for the impact of altered diffusion gradient on the flux.
- Bowl Diameter: 20 cm
- Chamber Volume: 4244.1 cm3
- Soil Area: 317.8 cm2
- Weight (including battery): 4.3 kg
- Memory: 8 GB total non-volatile (includes operating system and user data files)
- GPS: Accuracy 2.5 m CEP
- Operating Temperature Range: –20 to 50 °C
- Air Temperature Thermistor:
- Operating Range: –20 to 70 °C
- Accuracy: ±0.5 °C over 0 °C to 70 °C
- Barometric Pressure Sensor:
- Operating Range: 50 to 110 kPa
- Accuracy: ±0.4 kPa
- Resolution: 1.5 Pa Typical
- Power Out: 10 to 17 VDC battery, unregulated, self-resetting fused, 2 A
- Battery: 4S Li-Ion, 98 Wh, Smart-Battery with protection
- Battery Life:
- 34 hours use; 2 batteries, 17 hours per battery (2 minutes per collar active time, and 20 collars total per hour).
- 20 hours use; 2 batteries 10 hours per battery (above use case, and including powering LI-870 CO2/H2O Analyzer).
- Wi-Fi Compatibility: 2.4 GHz, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- SDI-12 Interface: Intended for connecting Stevens HydraProbe for soil moisture and temperature (included)
- Connectivity Ports:
- USB-A: One sealed and strain-relieved for connection to LI-870 CO2/H2O Analyzer
- USB-B: One sealed and strain-relieved for connection to non-LI-COR gas analyzers
- RJ-45 Ethernet: One sealed and strain-relieved for connection to LI-COR Trace Gas Analyzers
- USB-A: One standard for connection to external Wi-Fi adapter
- Thermocouple Port: Intended for measuring soil temperature, using 6000-09TC (not included, optional)
- Cable Length:
- 1.2 m or 2 m (Ethernet, for LI-COR Trace Gas Analyzers)
- 1.2 m (USB-B, LI-870 Power for LI-870 CO2/H2O Analyzer)